Farahscouture.co.uk is responsible for the personal data that you share with us. When we say ,
“Farahscouture.co.uk”, “us”, “our” or “we”, this is who we are referring to. Farahscouture.co.uk is the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable data protection laws.
OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We make sure that privacy and security are embedded in everything we do.
- We will not send you marketing communications unless you have asked us to. You can change your mind at any time.
- We will never sell your personal data.
- We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. This includes only working with trusted partners.
- We are committed to being open and transparent about how we use your personal data.
- We will not use your personal data in ways that we have not told you about.
- We respect your rights, and will always try to accommodate your requests as far as is possible, in line with our own legal and operational responsibilities.
If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. Farahscouture.co.uk reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders at our discretion.
We never make your personal information available to other companies for marketing purposes other than for the marketing of Farahscouture.co.uk products and services.
What is personal data?
Information that Farahs Couture collects
When you access and use the Farahscouture.co.uk, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may collect certain information from or about you.
This includes personal information you provide when you register an account, send questions or make purchases through the website (for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and payment details) and browsing information about your use of the Farahscouture.co.uk (such as information about your browser type, the pages of the website that you view, the advertisements you click on, and the search terms that you enter on our website).
We use the personal information and/or browsing information we collect to maintain your registered account, improve this website and serve advertisement on it, process any orders that you place with us, respond to any questions that you raise for research purposes and to contact you (including by e-mail) about Farahscouture.co.uk products and services that we think may interest you.
Personal and Business Information
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal & business Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. And your Company Profile: Trading name, Registration no, VAT number, Telephone number, fax number, company email address, website URL, line of business. Your personal & business information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorized to use. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your order
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and its services to you.
- To serve website content to you.
- To administer this website
If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Farahscouture.co.uk by post, App, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes please contact us.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other reputable third parties who will help process your order. Farahscouture.co.uk requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information we are entitled do so.
How we protect your information
Our sites use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our sites. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our sites.
Keeping your Information
- We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
- If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have following rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you need any more information on the above or if you want to request any from the above please e-mail us please.
Disclosure of your personal information
Farahscouture.co.uk requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, our sites may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.
We could share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, postal/delivery services, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, Shipping partners, payment gateway providers, card processing services who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Third parties that assist and help us in providing IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on our databases as well as on our software and applications ;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and PayPal where you choose to use their payment service.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interests – to improve our products and services; better engage with you; prevent fraud; secure our tools and design new features; and use appropriate suppliers.
To provide you with the most fulfilling and up to date online experience, this website has been optimised for use with the most popular browsers – Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox.
You agree fully to identify, defend and hold us, and our Directors, Managers Employees, Agents and Suppliers harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and / or your Personal Information.
Preventing Online Fraud
If you are using a public or shared computer terminal, we strongly recommend that you do not select “Save My Credit Card Information”. You should only ever select this if your PC is used only by you.
Please be advised that any order that is flagged in our system as a high risk transaction will be temporarily held and additional information requested.
You will be asked to provide documents as proof of your identity and billing address i.e. utility bills, bank statement, drivers license etc.
High risk transactions may include orders with:
- High order value
- Different billing and shipping address
- Unconfirmed address details in Paypal transaction
Goods cannot be dispatched until the requested information is received either by fax or by email.
You will always be notified by email should your order be flagged up on our system to request the above.
1. Cookie Laws
The rules around cookies have now changed – See how we are helping you.
A new Cookie Regulation officially announced on 20th May 2011 and will be enforced from May 2012 that website owners must gain a visitor’s consent that they will be tracked by cookies on that website.
We wanted to help explain what cookies are, the different types, why Farahscouture.co.uk use them and how they affect your web experience.
2. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information which a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. The browser then saves the information and sends it back to the website server. When that browser returns to the same website the cookie will recognise the user.
A cookie will typically contain details such as the domain from which the cookie has come from, a value which is usually a random unique number as an identifier and the lifetime (expiry) of the cookie.
There are 3 types of cookies used on this website:
- Session Cookies: allowing us to “remember” content from page to page (these expire when you leave the website or close the browser).
- Persistent Cookies: which define “Time To Live” and help us to determine your preferences (these will expire after the “Time To Live” period)
- Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from any other domain, such as recommended product and advertising services.
3. What will a cookie do for me?
- Shopping Experience: To remember the items that you have added to your basket to make the checkout process easier when you return back to the website.
- Content: Show you relevant content such as product recommends depending on your browser and buyer behaviour.
- User Behaviour: Some analytics to track website visits and clicks for pages visited with hourly transaction volume. This allows us to see how our customers like to use our website and which pages or functions they prefer; this allows us to continually improve our service.
- Third Party: Selected partner cookies which track where the users visit originated from. This allows us to see where their visit originated from, especially advertising on partner sites, present appropriate offers and helps prevent fraud and detect spammers.
5. Turning off / disallowing / disabling or deleting cookies:
Majority of internet browsers will provide an option to disallow cookies. You can usually find how to do this in the help menu for your browser. Cookies can also be deleted by using your internet browser, but you must disallow otherwise they will be reapplied the next time you visit a website. Find out more about controlling cookies.
6. Controlling Cookies
Your ability to control the cookies you accept depends on the type of browser you are currently using.
Internet Explorer 9.0:
Choose ‘Tools’, then click ‘Internet Options’, then click ‘Privacy’ tab and click on the ‘Advanced Button’. Now, you can Allow or Block First-Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies and then click OK.
Choose ‘Tools’, then ‘Options’, next click the ‘Privacy’ tab, use ‘Custom Settings’ for history check mark ‘Accept Cookies’ from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them. Next, choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored, either: Keep until: they expire, Keep until: I close Firefox, Keep until: ask me every time, then click OK.
Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar, then select ‘Options’ (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook). Then click the ‘Under the Bonnet’ tab. Next, click ‘Content Settings’ in the Privacy sections, and click the ‘Cookies’ tab in the Content Setting dialogue that appears.
From the Safari menu, click ‘Preferences’, and then from the ‘Security’ dialogue box, from ‘Accept Cookies’, click to select Always, then click ‘Close’.
7. Google Analytics
8. Will this policy change?